Last year the good people of Milton Keynes Christian Center, just outside London, invited me to join them for a few days of training, including an all-day workshop with their teams and area churches. My wife, Laura, and I have anticipated this partnership (as well, as the rare opportunity to take in the history and beauty of their region) for months now.
- Their values are clear and courageous:
- We're passionate about people
We're committed to community
We're moving towards maturity
We're saved to serve
We're forgiven to forgive
We're given to generosity
We're bringing our best
They love their community
They have opened their campus for business and city to maximize their efforts
They are creatively and constantly initiating ways to give to their city
They are wiling to "go the distance" to embrace their people
They believe in equipping, empowering and praying
They frequently invest in their staff and volunteer leaders
Training is normal and expected
Prayer covers their new and existing leaders
They trust and celebrate their leaders
MKCC is already a partner - with me and Laura - and Granger Community Church. We share many of the same values. Our mission is the same. Our belief that people matter shows up in how we go about ministry. We're so excited to spend the next week learning, equipping and sharing life with this impressive staff and amazing church!
If you are in the area in the UK, it's not too late to join us for a day of guest services training this Saturday, 8 March 2014. You can learn more and register here.
Check out these additional training opportunities in the states:
- If you're in the states and you live in the Northwest, contact Crossroads Community Church in Vancouver, WA about training there on Saturday, March 29, 2014.
- If you want to experience a day of guest services training onsite at Granger Community Church, check out this April opportunity (yes, we're working on having the snow cleared by then).
- Are you a pastor or director leading assimilation, connections, and/or guest services in your church? Are you up for some personal coaching with a small group of peers? Check out this network coming this fall.
To explore training opportunities onsite at your church or in your community, connect with me here.