Maybe you hear "State of the Church" and think "State of the Union" and think "rhetoric" and think "count me out."
Think again. Here are 5 reasons to engage this service this weekend.
- We'll celebrate where we've been.
- There is much to thank God for from 2014! God used GCC. God showed up as you showed up. Lives have been transformed. The Kingdom of Jesus has been advanced.
- We'll address where we are.
- Any step forward to where we want to be begins with a careful assessment and honest admission about where we are. Only when we understand just where we are, can we take an accurate step forward. These are OUR steps.
- We'll dream about where we're headed.
- We have clarity we could not have had three years ago or even a year ago. Fresh clarity based on where we've been and where we are bring focus for a preferred future. And it is bright.
- We're in this together.
- Mark Beeson will give this address. But it's our story. The celebration is ours - together. The future is only possible as each of us owns what we can and contributes what we must to the Cause.
- We will encourage someone else.
- Others will attend services this weekend wondering "who else is in? Am I alone? Does anyone else believe in this like Mark Beeson and our leadership team does?" So, be present. Show up. Not as a spectator, but as a participant... as an owner. This is ours. God's called us to be the church, the body of Christ in this region with a global impact. Someone else is counting on you, on us.
* Bonus: We'll be sharing communion together this weekend in all services.
I'm in. I believe in where we're headed. And I want you with us.
I'll be at Granger Saturday evening and in Elkhart Sunday morning. Let's do this!
May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. - Romans 15.5