Consulting, Training & Strategic Planning
"Mark understands the most important element of making any organization (from a business to a church) attractive and sustainable; the Consumer Experience. Mark's [First Impressions] book will help you create and manage an experience that is engaging and inspiring – giving you an edge in this topsy turvy world. Get this book and improve the first impressions that you make on everyone that crosses your path (or threshold)." Tim Sanders, former Chief Solutions Officer at Yahoo!, Author: Changing the World at Work
Consulting: Local Church Secret Shopping and Assessment
- Evaluate facility use and make recommendations for team function and service delivery.
- Assess your church’s current “impression” to guests
- Monitor effectiveness of staff and volunteer team members
- Explore your various environments, clarifying their purpose and functionality in uniting people to Christ and your church
- Address development of onramps to belonging so they are visible, accessible and effective in your local ministry
- Propose strategies and practical steps to improve your serve as it relates to your weekend experience and/or other guest connection points, including but not limited to:
- Campus and facility appearance/navigation
- Guest / customer service experience
- Weekend church service relevance
- Integration of programs, ministries, other provided services
- Meet personally with your leadership team, staff and/or key volunteers to review initial findings
- Provide written assessment of weekend experience with accompanying recommendations
Consulting: Leadership and Team Development Coaching
- Onsite and/or online mentoring sessions designed to address your challenges, opportunities and strategies for maximizing your leadership and team execution
- Review leadership and team structure, exploring changes that expand impact and raise effectiveness
- Understand and address pitfalls in "span of care" leadership that limits influence and renders personal exhaustion
- Journey with you through your agenda of intended growth and development
Training: First Impressions / Guest and Customer Service
- Train your staff and/or volunteers through evening, half-day and full-day workshops
- Clarify and solidify core philosophy of service to new guests / customers
- Define and deliver the experience you desire for your guests
- Learn how to identify and eliminate distractions that disappoint and dissatisfy your guests
- Establish best practice benchmarks that are practical and inclusive of every team member
- Stop recruiting and start inviting people to join your team
- Simplify your training process
- Investing and building value into your team
Training: Humanizing Care in Your Church or Non-Profit
- Coming Fall 2017
Strategic Planning Process: StratOp
Know Where You Are. Know Where You Want to Be. Know How to Get There.
Many organizations - churches, non-profits, businesses - are not focused around a central plan, and many leaders are concerned they’re not maximizing potential. With StratOp, your entire team will be focusedon the same mission and vision and will have a clear plan to execute.
StratOp is more than a one-time event; it is a strategic system, proven to help you grow a productive business, an effective non-profit or an effective church. Tom Paterson, an entrepreneur, inventor, and trusted consultant for U.S. Presidents, IBM, and Disney, created the StratOp process to move from a prescriptive approach to coaching success to a facilitated process that helps the organization create, own, implement and manage their plan. Utilized by thousands of organizations over the last 40 years, this process has helped startups and billion-dollar organizations grow sales and profits; it has helped church plants and mega-churches clarify vision and multiply effectiveness.
Over three days, I will use facilitate this time-tested process, using 25 customized tools to guide your team into the six phases of the StratOp cycle:
- Do you want to help your organization get perspective on what's true right now?
- Do you want to identify what you can learn from what got you where you are?
- Do you want to gain clarity about where you want to go, where you can go?
- Do you want to harness handles that will help you take definitive action toward your preferred future?
- Do you want to align teams and systems around that future plan, making it possible to actually get there?
- Do you want a process that will help you monitor and fuel your action plan over time?
If you answered "yes" to the above questions, complete this quick "tell me more" inquiry and I'll reach out to you to explore our potential next step together.